In addition to novels, I’ve written a fair amount of short fiction in my time, from 100-word ditties to lovingly crafted, dense short stories.
You can find some of my short fiction online for free:
- “The Dragon of the Bailey” at Aether & Ichor
- “The Mask” at Flash Fiction Podcast
- My Valentine’s Day triptych
- 100-word Halloween stories for 2015 and 2016
- “The Destiny Engine” by signing up for my mailing list
You can get a few of those stories, and several others, in my collection The Last Ereph and Other Stories:
Kol runs down the corridor, agents of His Eminence hot on his heels. He needs escape, a way out, but all he sees is a heavy wooden door. Does salvation or capture lie behind it? In “The Last Ereph,” he finds the answer and more than he could have ever expected.
That and nine other short stories make up this debut collection from an exciting new voice in science fiction and fantasy. Other stories include:
- “Of That Alluring Fruit,” in which a young woman is tempted to risk all to discover the secret of a mysterious island.
- “The Dragon of the Bailey,” in which a prisoner seizes his opportunity for freedom when it presents itself in the least likely of forms.
- “To Watch the Storms,” in which careful observation brings reward to a weary traveler.
- “The Missing Legion,” set in the world of the forthcoming novel The Water Road, in which a big game hunter stumbles into a harrowing ritual he was never meant to see.
- And “Memory of Water,” in which a man is haunted by dreams of a past he cannot escape.
Ten exciting stories – ten new worlds.
People seem to like it:
“A great little collection of short stories by an author who knows how to craft words into a quick tale the reader can enjoy” – Raving About Books
“A great collection of short stories in the sci-fi/fantasy genre.” – Julie @ Goodreads
“I loved the stories, characters, and the writer’s voice.” – Sheryl @ Amazon